Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Naturally You and Me!

Now no disrespect to the sista's whom wear there hair in a state that is not natural because at some point in my life, I wore the weaves, the perm, relaxer, the braids and to be honest I miss it sometimes, but I am happy and content with my natural hair from when i  was rocking the afro, coils, and now locs.  So if you choose to wear your hair that way, then so be it thats your choice and folks should respect that.  Now the issue is folks trying to make one feel inferior because of there own insecurities or because I say I love myself the way the creator made me.  In loving myself, i've been told I don't know how to bend.  I've been told that I think I am better then folks; "you think you're pure one may say", or that I am not good enough because I wear my hair natural or when my emotions are fired up, then I spit fire from these lips.  The thing is, Millie don't let nobody disrespect her. Give respect to get respect.  Even with some of this BS being said to me, Millie is still who she is, loving herself, being playful, sending emails to busy folks who make me smile even if they don't know it, and embracing her nappy hair.  Hey my hair is clean, I wash it, its neat, what else can I do.  So if the impotent whom I speak of reads this, then as we say in Eber (Hebrew)  Shalom!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment